Bread is a staple food popular around the world and it’s mostly served as breakfast, lunch, snacks or other ingredients in culinary preparation. The kids have an addict for bread especially eaten with beverages, butter, mayonnaise or as sandwich for breakfast.
Bread is a type of baked food. It is made from dough, which is made mainly from flour and water. Usually, salt and yeast are added. Bread is often baked in an oven. Leavened bread can be made into larger loaves baked in an oven.A soft, sweet and delicious bread can be found in almost every homes. There’s something deeply satisfying about a slice of freshly baked bread, it’s a key staple in our diet and provides many of the nutrients required for normal development and good health.
Bread is enriched with extra micronutrients to boost their nutritional value and prevent deficiencies. Bread is high in carbs and calories which can be really fattening, can increase blood sugar level, body weight and makes it unhealthy for everyday consumption but low in fibre, protein and fat and can be eaten in moderation.
METHODS OF MAKING BREAD
The methods of making bread includes;
The Bulk Fermentation Process (BFP)
The Chorleywood Bread Process (CPB)
Straight Dough Method
Delayed Salt Method
Sponge and Dough Process (S&D)
Ferment Dough Process
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKING BREAD
TYPES OF BREAD
WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
Wholewheat bread is made from flour that uses almost the entire wheat grain with the bran and germ in tact. Wholemeal bread contains higher concentrations of minerals and vitamins than white bread as it retains the bran and germ of the wheat.This means more nutrients and fibre per slice, which makes it an excellent source of fibre.This bread is also great for sandwiches or, my personal favorite
ENGLISH MUFFINS BREAD
These are small, round, flat types of bread that can be made of either white or whole wheat. You can eat them with poached eggs, bacon, or even a Hollandaise sauce. More often than not, English muffins are healthier than many other types of muffin and bread, but the American version is a little different than the original English muffins, so a little reseBanana Breadarch might be in order.
Soda bread is made with ingredients that include buttermilk, salt, baking soda, and flour, this is a traditional type of bread in Ireland. It is also a bread that doesn’t need to be left alone for a while to rise, which means it can be made quickly and easily at any time.
Banana and zucchini bread are dense, moist, sweet treats, usually chemically leavened with baking soda or powder. It’s supposed that both of these quick breads got their start in almost every homes.
The bread maybe most associated with the region below the Mason-Dixon Line, cornbread originated with Native Americans. Made from finely-ground corn, wheat flour, eggs and milk or buttermilk. Southern-style cornbread is traditionally baked in a skillet, either unleavened or with baking powder. Crumbly, rich and crispy, this classic cornbread should be enjoyed quickly, because it doesn’t store well.
Fruit bread are baked from the mixture of fresh fruits, sugar, spices, flour and other ingredients. Some of these ingredients are added to enhance the appearance and add more flavours to the bread.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BREAD
- Rich in micro nutrients: The whole grains found in white bread contains micro nutrients properties that boost nutritional value and prevent your body from deficiencies.
- Lowers risk of heart disease: Whole wheat bread helps to lower the risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes and colorectal cancer. It’s also low in fats and cholesterol.
- Higher amount of fibre and protein: The consumption of whole wheat bread is an excellent source of protein and provides a higher amount of fibre.
- Keeps blood sugar steady: Eating whole wheat bread help to keep your blood sugar level steady and also slow down the absorption of sugar in your bloodstream.
- It aids digestion: Sprouted bread aids in digestion, contains more fiber, folate, vitamin E, iron, energy, vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Healthy immune system: White bread is fortified with iron. Iron is important for energy and concentration of a healthy immune system and healthy blood.